Friday, October 2, 2015

State of Emergency...whatever

Dear Jules,
So, the South Carolina governor declared a state of emergency because of this tropical storm/ hurrican, Joachim.  Both of your schools were cancelled, my work would have been cancelled--because Daddy works at a hospital, he ended up going in to work.
So what were we to do all day?  I tried going around the neighborhood to see if your friends were home, we watched Frozen twice (God help me), and then I got antsy.  It was barely raining, so I thought I would take you for a run.
I have to tell you--and apologies to my running partners here--that you are the most fun to run with!  I always play music loudly, and you jam to it until we get to a song you don't like, at which point you say "no, no, NO!".  You yell "wheee" when I speed up, and you even enjoyed the rain splashing on your face.  We had so much fun, and it was such great bonding.  You know, I started running with you when you were in my tummy, and we did it for eight months, so this is not a big surprise to me.
I can--and do--write about the big events in your life, but sometimes it's the little things, like running together, that remind me why you're so very special to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment