Monday, July 24, 2023

England!

 Dear Jules,

I've been busy doing my research--looking at all my books--at different archives, which makes my heart happy.  I also went to my conference, and you got to have dinner with Dad and all of my colleagues.

During this time, you've been having so much fun with dad (well, as much fun as this rainy cold weather will permit!  I can't believe it's July).  

Dad has done an amazing job taking care of you, and I love seeing the big smile on your face.

Here you two are at Trafalgar Square ----->


And I think this one needs no introduction.  You were excited to see Big Ben! Also, you've been in denial about the weather, so you just wear what you want, which I love.

Dad also took you to the zoo, where you were really into these monkeys--




From London, we travelled to Brighton, where I researched in the Keep archive.  Thankfully, they were closed on Saturday and Sunday, so we got to play!


We ran down the water many times; this is an Orrery with depictions of various figures and ideas from Brighton's history.






The Brighton pier is really beautiful, even if it's absolutely crazy.  Yesterday we could barely move from the number of people here to enjoy their "summer" (64 degrees, cloudy, and windy).  

Because it was too cold, even you would not go in the water (you said it looked "weird"), so we went to an indoor pool with a water slide.  I tried to get a picture of you and dad, but they did not allow photography.  The British are much more private than we are in America, which is probably smart.  

We are still in Brighton, and then we go to London for one more day before we fly to Hungary to see Nagyi, something you've been looking forward to this entire trip.  The weather, I know, will be warmer and you will finally get to swim! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment